Website Privacy Notice
The following informs all pupils of how Golden Mile Driving School uses and protects all details that you provide us with when you use this website.
Golden Mile Driving School collects and processes your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice. This notice provides you with information regarding our obligations and your rights in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Golden Mile Driving School is owned by Paul Hornby whose registered office is at 34 Woodstock Gardens, Blackpool FY4
Information that we Collect from you
We will collect data directly from you (the customer) during telephone calls, from email, text messaging, facebook messenger, whatsapp or from your parent /guardian or anyone else that you give permission to provide such information required to book driving lessons and form a contract with us. We may also collect payment data from telephone conversations or BACS transfers.
How your personal data is used
- Photographs and written reviews that include data relating to your driving test and learning-to-drive experience, such as your name, your driving instructor’s name, your home town, your driving test date and driving test result. We process this data to market our services to potential clients and for brand promotional purposes through our social media channels, our website and printed marketing materials.
- Our driving instructors may use driving lesson recording devices, like dashcams or similar video recording devices. This will be an outward facing camera (recording the road ahead) with no sound being recorded. The footage captured may also be used as evidence in the event of an insurance claim or police investigation.
- We use franchised driving instructors to provide you with driving lessons. Your personal data such as name, address and phone number will be passed to the driving instructor that has been allocated to provide your driving lessons. They will also receive information regarding payments made but this will not include any card details unless you choose to make a payment to them direct.
- We respect your privacy and your information will never be given to a third party, with the exception of circumstances which are relevant to our professional relationship. In such situations this would not be done without your prior express consent, unless required to do so by law.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, details about your browser, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and to decide our marketing strategy.
Sharing or Disclosing Your Personal Data
Whilst we will never disclose or share your data with others without your consent, we use third party processors to provide our services; these companies will process or store your information on our behalf.
We use the following third parties:
- Theory Test Pro
- Shine Bright Media LTD
We ensure all processors acting on our behalf act in accordance with this privacy notice.
Your Legal rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can request from us information about –
- The personal data we hold about you
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The purposes of the processing
- Details to whom your personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we retain your personal data
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
You may also request from us the following-
- That we update any incomplete or inaccurate data about you
- Request that we delete your personal data in accordance with GDPR
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
All personal data collected is transferred and stored securely, using industry standard encryption protocols, and approved transfer mechanisms. Please note however, that we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will guarantee the security of the information.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Golden Mile Driving School may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.